Perhaps inspired by the weather forecast for the next few days, and the fact that I was able to wear shorts today, I have a summer hair look for you tonight. 🙂
Yesterday I picked up the Revlon ceramic triple barrel waver at Target. I have heard good things from the beauty community on this one, and I have to say that I’m also impressed! It is on sale at Target right now for $16.99. Typically the waver costs between $20-24 depending on retailer.
Revlon Triple Barrel Waver
I love how my hair looks with a little bit of a wave in it. This would look great on long or short hair! The waver is surprisingly easy to use. First, make sure your hair is completely dry. Spritz on a heat protectant, and section your hair. I usually separate the top and bottom layers, and then split each area into 4 sections. You will want to work with 2 inch sections to achieve a look similar to mine.
My Summer Beach Waves!
To style it, I clipped a small section up and out of my face. You could do the same, leave it all down, put it half up– it’d all look good!
Hope you like it!
Hey everyone, heading out for dinner soon, so I wanted to share the look I created for tonight. I wanted to do a smokey eye with pink and purple blended on the lid, and a darker purple-grey in the crease and outer corner. I like how this turned out, hope that you do too!
Here’s what I used for this look:
- NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Siberia
- MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Light- just dusted over T-Zone
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit (under eyes) in Ivory
- NARS Orgasm blush
- MAC Daft Pink mineralized blush (used as highlight)
- UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion) to prime the eyes
- Curl lashes with Shu Uemura eyelash curler
- MAC Naked Lunch as brow bone highlight and in inner corner
- Revlon Matte in Pink Innocence on lid, then layer MAC Swish over it
- MAC Bough Grey in crease, blended out
- MAC Smoke & Diamonds on outer half of crease, focusing on outer V
- MAC Sketch on outer V to darken a bit more
- MAC Stars ‘N Rockets on lid, blending up a bit into the crease
- touch of MAC Unbasic White in inner corner and swept up and outwards (about to the halfway point on the eye)
- Line eyes with MAC Kohl Power in Feline
- Apply mascara- I used MAC Plush Lash in Plushblack
Make sure your brows are defined too…I used a bit of Anastasia’s baked brow powder in a dark blonde shade and their clear brow gel to groom the shape.
To balance out the darker eye, I went with a nude lip- I used MAC Creme d’Nude layered on top of some EOS lip balm (my new fave! $3.29 at drugstores).
Sounds like a lot of eye products, but it’s fun for me to play with lots of colors when I have my palettes out. You could definitely use less and achieve a similar look!
Here are some pictures! Note that my camera washes the colors out a little– it’s more vibrant and quite darker in real life.
Have a great night!
Posted in Beauty
Tagged Anastasia, EOS lip balm, Grey, MAC, NARS, Pink, Purple, Revlon, Shu Uemura, Smokey Eye, Spring